WHAT YOU’LL DO: The TakingITGlobal Global Issues page is how we get our members informed about what is going on in their world. From deforestation in the Amazon to the history of Zaire, we want our members to be informed on the issues that affect them and their communities. As a Global Issue Coordinator, you will manage a small team of dedicated young volunteers tasked with maintaining and updating one of our nine Global Issue pages, and the sub-issues that are associated with it.
You will be responsible for:
* Writing a brief, comprehensive overview of the Global Issue
* Keeping the Statistics, Organizations, Videos and other resources up-to-date and relevant.
* Managing the Global Issue Team (reading reports, holding frequent meetings, and nominating your Team Members for various incentive programs).
* Attending Online Community Leaders meetings
* Submit a Six Month Plan for your team at the start of the Volunteer cycle.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED: As a Global Issue Coordinator, you will need to be comfortable working online without supervision, and have the ability to manage a team of volunteers from a distance using online communication tools. You should:
* Have at least one cycle worth of experience working as a TakingITGlobal Online Volunteer;
* Have a background in the Issue you will be working on;
* Have the ability to work on-line with little structure or supervision;
* Be able to manage a team of volunteers from around the globe through Internet communication;
* 4-8 hours per week to give to TakingITGlobal, and a reliable Internet connection.
WHAT YOU’LL GAIN: As a Global Issue Coordinator, you will gain the valuable experience of volunteer management. More than that, you will be able to show future employees that you have worked as a manager within an organization that is recognized as a leading innovator in social media and youth activism. You will walk away from this experience with:
* Online volunteer training tools, and access to volunteer workshops.
* Strong connections to globally minded youth from around the world.
* Real world experience in the non-profit sector.
* Developed communication skills, and experience as an online volunteer manager.
HOW TO APPLY:
* Application Deadline: April 30th, 2011
* Please submit a resume, cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org (include the title of the position in the subject of the e-mail)
* Please electronically mail your cover letter and resume and include the title of the position in the subject line of your email and let us know how you heard about the position.
Please do not mail or personally submit resumes, as we are a small organization and do not have the capacity to respond.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, due to the volume of applications and inquiries we receive; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.