Youth Challenge International (YCI) is recruiting one Youth Innovator for an intensive six-week partner capacity building placement in Ghana during October and November 2012 (dates flexible). This exciting Youth Innovator opportunity will include a pre-project distance-learning program, followed by an intensive six-week placement in Accra. While in country, the Youth Innovator will provide technical expertise to YCI’s field staff and the YMCA-Ghana.
In conjunction with partner staff:
• Develop Comprehensive Communications and Marketing Strategy for the YMCA based on New Membership Recruitment
• Create tools and materials as necessary to implement Strategies
• Provide Social Media and Communications support
• Conduct relevant trainings for partner staff (highlighted by the partner organization) based on the various strategy priorities
• Complete final report to inform future groups and partner staff
Your Skills and Experience:
• Demonstrated experience in developing brand strategy
• Demonstrated experience in developing marketing and communications strategy
• Experience in facilitating trainings and workshops
• Strong communications and research skills
• Experience working with grassroots organizations
• Strong planning and organization skills
• Advanced computer proficiency
• Prior cross-cultural experience and strong inter-cultural communication skills
• Experience working overseas
Fundraising Goal: YCI volunteers are required to fundraise and/or contribute a minimum of $600 for these projects to contribute towards YCI’s global youth development programs.
• Preparatory support and pre-project distance learning
• In-country orientation
• Modest local accommodation and food
• In-country work-related travel
• Comprehensive emergency travel medical insurance
What’s Not Covered:
• Personal expenses
• Visa fees
• Supplemental travel medical insurance
• Participants will be expected obtain the required vaccinations and take anti-malarials at their own expense
Please apply online using YCI’s volunteer application form at http://www.yci.org/html/volunteer/globally/applynow.asp
When submitting your application online, please also send a copy of your resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the section “Please share with us your reason for selecting these particular countries, project lengths, range of months and sector focus,” specify that you are applying for the “Ghana Marketing and Communications Innovator Project – 2012”. Please highlight your skills and experience that make you a suitable candidate for this volunteer opportunity.
Application deadline: Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until Friday, September 28th, 2012. We regret that due to high volumes of applicants, we can only respond to those we select for interview.
About YCI: Youth Challenge International is a leading global youth development organization that promotes youth innovation to drive positive change. Building on over 20 years of experience, YCI’s programs are designed to meet the needs of youth affected by poverty through three integrated sectors: Youth Health, Youth Livelihoods and Youth Leadership. We engage youth in creating solutions to the challenges they face. YCI incorporates youth development, volunteerism, partnership and equity into all that we do.