With direction from the President and Senior Management Team, the Administrative Assistant provides organizational support by contributing to office management, policy development, research and sponsorship.
1. Administrative Support – 20%
• Provides assistance in the organization of various ACCESS events (ex. booking catering, rooms and audiovisual equipment; collating and preparing materials).
• Prepares various financial documents for approval by Director, Finance and President, such as cheque requisitions, claims for reimbursement of expenses, journal entries, student staff bi-weekly timesheets, etc.
• Tracking revenue from all any ACCESS related event which generates revenue
• Creating and maintaining a filling system for transition reports, annual reports, and all other past and future ACCESS documents that needs to be kept and sorted
• Organizing ACCESS staff socials, conducting exit interviews, producing and tracking staff member surveys and reporting to the management team with any recommendations
• Administers the internal online portal
• Maintaining a database of all ACCESS members, scheduling and booking ACCESS meetings for ACCESS members
• Tracking volunteer hours and distributing neutral reference letters
2. Policy Development – 20%
• Researching, creating and maintaining an ACCESS Board Policy Manual and ACCESS Constitution and Policy that would help it to achieve its vision, mission and objectives while reflecting its values
3. Reception and Clerical – 15%
• Receives phone, email and voicemail inquiries and requests on behalf of ACCESS; responding, referring or taking messages as appropriate.
• Provides information related to ACCESS programs and services that are consistent with ACCESS policy and procedures.
• Provides courteous and effective customer service to all clientele, providing timely and accurate information and looking for solutions to problems or complaints that may arise, referring or escalating the person as appropriate and tracks the actions taken.
• Schedules meetings for ACCESS Board or other management staff as requested.
• Arranges delivery/courier of mail and packages, and on occasion hand delivers mail such as sealed confidential letters to students in residence.
• Maintains the office filing system both manually and electronic, processing file retrieval requests and regularly updates files and archives, and creates new files when necessary.
• Maintains an appropriate inventory of office supplies, and re-stocks supplies when necessary.
• Performs other clerical duties such as proof reading of correspondence, photocopying, faxing, stuffing envelopes, electronic correspondence, collating materials, filing, distributing mail, etc.
• Provides back-up reception support for the other administrative staff person, these duties include answering the phone, transferring calls, taking messages and any other administrative/clerical requests made.
4. Communication – 5%
• Assists with the production and distribution of various communication documents for ACCESS, such as flyers, posters, brochures.
• Arranges for printing of office documents, including letterheads, business cards, envelopes and other materials.
5. ACCESS U Relations – 5%
• Ensuring communication between ACCESS and ACCESS U
• Providing centralized support and contacts for ACCESS U
7. Sponsorship & Research – 20%
• Research business, not for profit and organizational models and databases that would help ACCESS develop in a strategic fashion to meet its vision, mission and objectives
• Create sponsorship packages on behalf of ACCESS to secure funding for ACCESS events
8. Additional related duties as assigned – 5%
$14.00/Hour @ 10 Hours/Week