To promote quality education in the rural schools so as to achieve quality school
You will have the opportunity to make a lasting impact on Ugandan communities
through education while experiencing African culture and life. Subjects to be taught
will include; Mathematics, Writing, Drawing, Languages i.e. English, French and
German, Literature, Science, Music, Art and Craft.
- Prepare lesson plans (this will be done with the help of a local classroom teacher).
- Mark pupils’ or students’ work.
You will work 5 hours a day from Monday up to Thursday. You will be off duty on
Fridays and weekends to allow you ample time to tour and travel.
Working days may be extended to Fridays if the situation warrants us to do so.
Skills or Qualification
A volunteer should have the following skills;
- Enjoy working with children and the youth.
- An intermediate or advanced level of English is required for this project.
Orientation and training
You will be taken through a one day orientation and training session. During this
period you will be;
- introduced to the teaching and none teaching staff and the pupils or students.
- Trained on how to make lesson plans