Sprout E-course Education Assistant
Position: Sprout E-course Education Assistant
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Start Date: May 1st, 2012
Details: 8-10 hours per week
Applications due: March 26th, 2012.
We are an international organization combining youth, technology and global community to create positive global change.
TakingITGlobal empowers youth to understand and act on the world’s greatest challenges. A social network unlike any other, our award-winning, multilingual online community offers a diverse set of action tools and educational resources designed to inspire, inform and involve. Please visit www.tigweb.org/about for further information.
Sprout (www.sproutecourse.org) is an e-course developed in partnership with Pearson Foundation aimed at aspiring social innovators who want to grow their project ideas and learn to create lasting changes that take root in their communities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
● Provide weekly support during the e-course to participants as they complete lessons and build their project portfolios
● Troubleshoot technical, administrative and interpersonal problems
● Communicate via email and in the online classroom in a sensitive and effective way
● Facilitate greater understanding of the e-course curriculum
● Spur collaboration by connecting participants with similar interests
● Drive classroom engagement through seeds of inspiration and affirmation
● Encourage peer-to-peer interaction via assigned Peer Groups
● Be present for all synchronous e-course events such as the orientation and webinars
● Liaise with the TIG Tech team to address technical issues related to the online classroom
● Provide administrative support to the Sprout Program Manager
● Experience in a communications or facilitator role preferred
● Cultural competency and ability to communicate with individuals from diverse cultural backgrounds is a must
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Proficiency with computers (word processing, email, internet) and social networking sites including tigweb.org, Facebook and Twitter
● Effective time management and organizational skills
● People skills, enthusiasm and passion
● Sound judgment and comfort working autonomously
● A low-stress attitude in a buzzing environment
● Familiarity with – and keen interest in – social innovation
● Willingness to do whatever it takes…can-do attitude!!
Application Details: Application screening will be conducted on an ongoing basis. Please electronically submit a resume, cover letter and writing sample at your earliest convenience to:
Contact: Human Resources
(include the title of the position in the subject of the e-mail)
Mail: 19 Duncan Street, Suite 505, Toronto, Ontario, M5H 3H1
For Inquiries: 416-977-9363
Please electronically mail your cover letter and resume and include the title of the position in the subject line of your email and let us know how you heard about the position. Please do not mail or personally submit resumes, as we are a small organization and do not have the capacity to respond.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, due to the volume of applications and inquiries we receive; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.