Advocate+ is a registered youth led community based advocacy and development agency that strives to advocate, empower and improve the socio-economic status of the marginalized especially those in underserved communities in post-conflict Sierra Leone. The movement is also dedicated to promoting and protecting the social rights of the most vulnerable people especially women and children. Advocate+ is run by a network of young leaders in both Sierra Leone and aboard
As we strive to move the organization on a global platform, we need dynamic and dedicated individuals who are passionate about international development to serve as Project Engagement Volunteer Coordinators to spearhead the establishment of Chapters of Advocate+ in their respective universities/colleges.
Advocate+ currently has four projects underway:
• School Construction/Rehabilitation
• HIV/AIDS Education/Awareness
• Entrepreneurship Skills Development/Microcredit scheme
• Centre for Women Empowerment
• Formal education in relevant field, International development, Economics, political science, Entrepreneurship, Business Studies, Globalization etc.
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Ability to multi-task and collaborate with others online
• Passionate and active interest in global issue
• Past leadership within a student-based or community-based organization
ADDITIONAL VALUED SKILLS
• Previous participation in youth or student organizations, or other volunteer roles
• Enthusiasm and ability to motivate and inspire others
• Detailed oriented, organized, with strong time management skills
• International work or volunteer experience
• Familiarity with Microsoft software programs
Contact email@example.com with your resume and cover letter if interested. Please note that application screening will be conducted on an ongoing basis.