December 16, 2012
You must be logged in to add tags.
Looking to Start Immediately!
TakingITGlobal seeks motivated, creative and outgoing young people to join our team of Online Volunteers!
The Global Issue Coordinator will manage a small team of dedicated young volunteers tasked with maintaining and updating one of our nine Global Issue pages, and the sub-
issues that are associated with it.
We are specifically looking for Coordinators for the following Global Issue pages:
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Writing a brief, comprehensive overview of the Global Issue
* Keeping the Statistics, Organizations, Videos and other resources up-to-date and relevant.
* Managing the Global Issue Team (reading reports, holding frequent meetings, and nominating your Team Members for various incentive programs).
* Attending Online Community Leaders meetings
* Submit a Six Month Plan for your team at the start of the Volunteer cycle.
The skills required for virtual volunteering can be quite different from those required for traditional volunteering – which is usually in-person and takes place during specific hours. Our volunteers are from all over the world, work in different time zones, and in different environments, and stay in contact with fellow team members and supervisors through things like e-mail, instant messaging and Skype. Virtual volunteers should be prepared to work independently and also to make the effort to stay in touch with teammates and supervisors.
* Have at least one cycle worth of experience working as a TakingITGlobal Online Volunteer;
* Have a background in the Issue you will be working on;
* Have the ability to work on-line with little structure or supervision;
* Be able to manage a team of volunteers from around the globe through Internet communication;
* 4-8 hours per week to give to TakingITGlobal, and a reliable Internet connection.
TakingITGlobal is an international organization lead by youth, empowered by technology. TakingITGlobal (TIG) connects youth from around the world to find inspiration, information and get involved in improving their local, regional and global communities. The online community has over 400,000 members from around the world.
TakingITGlobal’s mission is to provide opportunities for learning, capacity building, cross-cultural awareness, and self-development through the use of Information and Communication Technologies. Its key strategic initiatives include; providing a virtual space for cross-cultural expression, dialogue, networking and collaboration among youth, supporting youth action and understanding around global issues, developing rich interactive, global education experiences, and facilitating the development of local content, multilingualism and skills training.
TakingITGlobal has approximately 20 staff based in Toronto and an additional 20 staff who work part-time in different parts of Canada and around the world as well as hundreds of volunteers. Supporters include RBC Financial Group, Microsoft, Google, the Government of Canada, the McConnell Foundation and Gordon Foundation.
Our Virtual Volunteers are a vital part of the organization – without them the site would not remain updated with the latest opportunities for youth and youth-created content!
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, due to the volume of applications and inquiries we receive; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.